As we reach the end of 2021 we thought we’d have a look back at a selection of the posts that appeared on the Lonely Goat Running Club blog over the past twelve months. It’s an opportunity to see if there’s any articles you missed, reflect on the year just gone, and look forward to next year…
In the Pen
We welcomed an exciting range of runners to our ‘In the Pen’ interview series:
- Martin Yelling – top coach and ‘Marathon Talk’ podcast host
- Dame Kelly Holmes – one of the greatest athletes ever!
- Emma Reid – the MD of Tribe Sports
- Steven Oltay – from The Running Charity
- Brandy Talamoni – running blogger and Youtuber
- Danny Bent – the most positive man on the planet?
- Rachel Stringer – runner and TV presenter
There’s a big selection of training articles on the Lonely Goat website, but here are a few of those we shared in the last year:
- Kick start your new year of running – written for 2021, but just as valid for 2022
- Couch to 5K – a guide to start running
- How to fit running into your day – because it can be hard to find the time to run
- DIY self-care – avoiding and dealing with running injuries
- Alternative running races – how to take part in track, fell and cross country races
- Trail shoes – answering some of the most common questions
Planet Goat Guides
Using the power of the wonderful Lonely Goat Running Club community, we’ve started publishing guides to some of our favourite places to run. First up are:
We shared articles from two members of the Herd, plus one from one of the best coaches in the business:
- How should it feel? – top coach Nick Anderson explains how to understand training zones
- A celebration of running in nature – by Lonely Goat Tom Goodhand
- Three common barriers to running and how to overcome them – by Lonely Goat Clint Lovell
Looking after the planet
As runners, we spend a lot of time in nature and have a responsibility to look after it. Here’s a couple of articles to help us do that:
- Plogging – everything you need to know about litter picking when running
- Leave only footprints – the impact of running on the natural environment
Roll on 2022
We’ve got plenty more ideas for articles to publish over the year ahead – including more In the Pen guests – but are always open to suggestions for guest posts from the Herd. If you’ve got something you want to share with the community, please email email@example.com.
Thanks for reading!