We’ve got two exciting pieces of Inov-8 news to share with you.
- We’ve been testing the ROCLITE G 275 V2 and our review is below.
- Inov-8 have generously offered a pair of TRAILFLY ULTRA G 280 shoes to be won by one lucky Goat.
Read on to find out more about the new Roclites and how to win a pair of Trailflys.
Lonely Goat Running Club and Inov-8
Inov-8 are long-established friends of the Herd. Last spring, they sent us a pair of their PARKCLAW G 280 ‘hybrid’ shoes to test. Jonathan from the LG HQ team found them to be perfect for runs that involve a bit of road and a bit of trail. With more grip than a road shoe, they inspire runners to explore more, heading down muddy paths and gravelly trails without worrying about slipping and sliding, but without feeling too heavy-footed on pavements.
Steve from the LG HQ team gave the TRAILFLY ULTRA G 280 shoes a spin on technical coastal trails last autumn and declared them to be ‘great shoes!’ Their nitrogen-infused midsole has so much energy return that other testers have said they felt like they were flying in them.
The British-based brand are also supporters of Goat Codes, the discount scheme for members of Lonely Goat Running Club. To receive a 15% discount in the Inov-8 online shop, visit Goat Codes to get the code: LINK
Now, we’ve been able to test one of their latest shoe releases and see how it fits into the existing line-up.
ROCLITE G 275 V2
This is the second version of the popular ROCLITE, a shoe that was designed to excel across all trail types; from hard, dusty tracks to soft, muddy bogs. Compared to the first version, the V2 features an improved fit, is more comfortable, and more durable.
Key features include:
- A flexible rock plate to protect your feet from sharp rocks or other hazards.
- An upper mesh material made from a stronger, tighter weave that repels more grit and is harder wearing than on the first version of the shoe.
- Redesigned tongue padding for comfort and an improved fit.
- POWERFLOW MAX foam cushioning in the midsole for high energy return.
- A midsole that drops from 28mm at the heel to 18mm at the front to find the balance between cushioning and responsiveness that is so important for long runs out on the trails.
- 6mm sticky rubber studs for grip, reinforced with Graphene (the world’s strongest material).
All of which suggest a comfortable, versatile, confidence-inspiring shoe for running far or fast on the trails.
Chris from the LG HQ team has had a test pair on the go for a few weeks and has found they live up to the marketing hype. The shoes are stable, thanks to the midsole design and the sticky rubber studs. This is exactly what you want from a trail shoe, where instability or a lack of grip could result in taking a tumble on the trail.
Often, this stability and durability come at the expense of excess weight. Trail shoes often feel heftier than road shoes. That isn’t the case with the ROCLITE G 275 V2s, as Chris reports that they don’t feel too bulky for a trail shoe and felt lighter than you might expect.
They’re a comfortable shoe, thanks to the tongue padding, the mesh, and Inov-8s cradle upper design that wraps around your foot to lock in a secure fit while allowing the foot to move naturally.
Inov-8 have a broad range of shoes available, each designed to suit different runners or types of runs. Based on the models we’ve tested, we’d suggest the following uses:
- PARKCLAW G 280: For parks, trail runs on firm ground, or the kind of run where you don’t quite know what terrain to expect.
- TRAILFLY ULTRA G 280: For long days out on the trails, or when you want to push the pace without feeling tired.
- ROCLITE G 275 V2: For tougher off-road runs that could combine scrambling over mountains and splashing through boggy ground, but also smooth paths back to civilisation.
Of course, there’s a lot of cross-over between each of the models, as they’re designed to be versatile.
As mentioned above, Inov-8 are supporters of Lonely Goat Running Club and have offered a pair of the TRAILFLY ULTRA G 280 trail shoes as a competition prize to be won by one lucky member of the Herd.
Entering the competition is easy. Just click on the link at the end of this article. It’ll take you to the competition page on Inov-8’s website where you can submit your details.
One lucky winner will be picked at random on Friday 1 September, so make sure you get your entries in before then.
ps: Remember that you can get a 15% discount on Inov-8 products with Goat Codes.