We’re asking you to join us and help the Herd to log 10,000km of running in one week!
Next Wednesday, 22 September, is National Fitness Day. At Lonely Goat Running Club we want to use this occasion to inspire others, by taking on a mammoth, communal adventure: Run to Inspire – The 10,000K Challenge!
Running from 22 to 29 September, Run to Inspire – The 10,000K Challenge will see the Herd collectively strive to reach a shared goal: 10,000km in a week.
Participation is free, and to encourage us, our friends at Wiggle are offering a selection of rewards:
- A special medal (Wiggle have covered the cost of the medal; just pay the £4 P&P if you would like one);
- Exclusive discounts;
- Mystery spot prizes!
10,000km is a long way. It’s equivalent to the distance from the UK to Hong Kong! To achieve this, we’re asking all of you to contribute one of your runs during the challenge week.
You can contribute any distance from 1 to 99km to the collective total, so it’s possible for all Lonely Goats to be part of this team effort.
Share the fun
We’re going to need as many Goats as possible to take part.
Our friends at Wiggle are also encouraging those taking part to share their stories and pictures to spread the National Fitness Day positivity. Use the hashtag #RunToInspire and tag Wiggle using @wiggle on Facebook and @wiggle_sport on all other channels.
To provide further encouragement, those joining in could win one of three £25 vouchers which Wiggle will be giving away to their favourite posts.
How to take part
It is super-easy to join in Run to Inspire – The 10,000K Challenge:
- Entry is free;
- There’s no need to register beforehand;
- Go for a run at some point between 10 am on Wednesday 22 September and 11:59 pm on Wednesday 29 September;
- Only one run per runner will be counted, so make it a good one!
- When you’ve completed your run, add it to the total on the Lonely Goat website via the Virtual Challenge page;
- If you would like a medal, just pay £4 P&P;
- Share photos on social media.
If you have any questions, just reply to this email or ask on our social media channels.
Lace up your shoes and get ready!